The full course costing can be found under each of the program tabs at the top of the page.

To apply for a program through Coastal Pacific Aviation, you will need to:

  1. Fill out the application form (online or print off form).
  2. Pay the application fee of $150. The application fee can be paid online with PayPal, over the phone with a credit card, in person or by a cheque that has been mailed in.
  3. Have three reference letters completed by adults.
  4. Submit a copy of your valid passport and a wallet-sized photograph.
  5. Obtain your Transport Canada medical and submit a copy of the certificate.
  6. Submit either a resume or a 1-page biography about yourself and why you chose aviation as a career.

Once the application is complete, please submit the documents to

Find an approved Civil Aviation Medical Examiner on the Transport Canada website: Contact the Program Administrator at if you are not sure what category of medical you will be required to have.

Once the application has been received by the Program Administrator, the application will be reviewed. Students who are shortlisted for the program will be contacted for an interview. Students whose first language is not English will also need to complete Coastal’s in-house language assessment after the interview.

Each program offered will allow a student to gain their Commercial Pilot Licence. The needs of each student will be different so there is not one program that is the most suitable.

One bus line runs to Coastal Pacific Aviation with a few journeys a day.

We do not rent out our aircrafts.

Ground school will be held in Coastal Pacific’s classroom building located next to the Administration building.

You can train in Canada, but first you are required to convert your current licences through Transport Canada. Here is a link to their website for more information:

During the application process at Coastal Pacific Aviation, there will be an in-house language assessment completed.

Prerequisites for our programs (with the exception of the PPL program) are a high school diploma, or equivalent, with English 12, Math 12, and Physics 11 with a C+ or better.

Requirements for all licences and ratings can be found on the Transport Canada website with this link: